Monday, February 29, 2016
I made a couple of purple roses for my purple and teal project. I think I've managed to get some decent pictures of them. Purple, red and give me trouble in photos. They're a dark grape color.
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Our church is expecting a new member soon when a new little baby girl enters the world. I'm busy making flowers for the baby shower. Mom and dad have requested purple and teal. Those were tough colors for me to imagine together at first. Then I thought of making the containers teal and the flowers purple. I have painted three mason jars teal and they look great. Here's the printed paper for the flowers. I also have solid purple flowers, photos coming soon.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Saturday, February 20, 2016
First off, here is the finished project: I have to dangle some sort of reward before you or you will never keep reading.
So that's what I ended up with. Here's how it got there.
I bought this silver plated dish and several of its buddies at an estate sale.
I painted them blue .
Then I made them a newspaper base to sit on. I could have used half of a Styrofoam ball but I don't don't think it would have been any better .
I mixed-up my pictures here but this is the play by play. I got a sheet of cardstock damp, rolled it up , unrolled it and glued it to my dish. I used elmers glue all. When it dries it's a pretty solid form. You could use two layers for strength but how tough does a vase of flowers need to be?
I cut out my flowers on a Cricut machine. I haven't paid for an image yet. The flowers are elongated hearts attached to a circle. The lacy leaves are a free image. Here they are in their flat state.
Then I sculpted the flowers. I used an orange stick from the beauty supply store. I'm supposed to be manicuring my nails with it. Instead, I used it to curl the edges of my flowers and leaves .
Next, I glued several layers of flowers together with more elmers for a 3D flower. I had different colors of blue and bright yellow to work with. It's cardstock from hobby lobby.
Now, you won't believe this but I didn't take photos of the assembly process. I simply made flowers that tickled me and glued them to my dish. I made sure some greenery was peeking out from the bottom of the dish.
So here's the final product again. It's quite a project photographing everything. I have renewed respect for tutorials. I had a great time though. I'd love to see your flowery projects so please share.
Sunday, February 14, 2016
We had a great time at church and the lunch afterwards. The youth made cheesy chicken spaghetti which was fantastic. I have to get the recipe. I enjoyed talking with friends I took some photos before the service started. I think they give an idea of what they look like set-up. After the party was over they disappeared. Ladies took them home for their little girls rooms. Everyone seems to like them and I'm glad to be able to do this small thing.
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Here is my latest project. The youth at my church are having a fund raiser. Every summer they have mission week and I think they do a great job. They don't bug people, they volunteer at soup kitchens and stuff like that. Of course, they take time to have fun also. Anyway, all that takes money hence a fund raser. Naturally they don't want to buy things like flowers so I took this opportunity to make paper flowers as a sort of dry run. I had two weeks to get these ready and almost no limits on what I could do. I made ten center pieces. The jars are painted Starbucks Coffee bottles. I used scrapbook paper, cardstock, and pages from old children's books. If you're interested in making your own I spent less than $30 and that includes pricy coffee. I have a Cricut machine that really helps with the roses but you could make them without it. I'm going to offer them to the new moms at church when the party is over.